On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:50:44AM -0500, Roger H. Goun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone here know of a printer with Laserjet III compatibility
> (required by the application) and the ability to print on thick card
> stock?

    How thick is "thick"?  For instance, the HP LaserJet 5P speaks PCL5
(which is I think what you need)[0], a "perfect" rating
a linuxprinting.org, and is listed to handle card stock up to 42 lbs.

    That said, I don't know if you can still get an LJ 5P new[1].
Searching for "PCL 5c" at hp.com[2] yields quite a few possibilities,
notably the 2280 business inkjet and the LaserJet 4600n.

[0] http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl04568.html
[1] Looks like you can get a refurbished one at http://www.cbmart.com/12/146.htm
[2] http://search.hp.com/gwuseng/query.html?qt=%2B%22PCL+5c%22&qp=%2Burl%3Awwpc/us/en

--