>Look at The World.  I don't know there costs for POPs
>in NH, but they are under $10.00 and also support Unix.
>http://www.theworld.com

I have been a customer of Software Tool and Die since
1991.  Their domain name is std.com and world.std.com
became so much more recognizable as a reference to
their online offerings that they started to refer to
themselves as The World.  They're the oldest public UNIX
dialup service and for a long time I've been a satisfied
customer.

I am therefore sorry to have to say that I cannot
recommend STD to anyone, and in fact I am in the process
of becoming an ex-customer.  The issue is email; STD
have put an unacceptably aggressive SPAM-filtering
system in place.  All I ask of STD is that they forward
my email to my "real" ISP - all of it, if you please.
I'm sympathetic about their SPAM problem and wouldn't
mind their anti-SPAM efforts but they're being truly
hamfisted about it - they are discarding legitimate
emails while still allowing plenty of SPAM.  The most
painful part of this is that, although STD have in the
past been incredibly responsive and professional about
customer-service matters, their attitude in this case
can best be visualized as a middle finger lifted in
your general direction.

I have other complaints, too (like why did STD
suddenly start auto-mangling my inbound messages,
converting them to MIME without so much as a
by-your-leave when for the last 10 years they left
my messages blissfully unmolested?) but they're
minor by comparison.