Hi,

You will probably hear about this at least 20 times today, but if you
have not heard of it yet, there is the actual papers filed at
http://www.sco.com/scosource/

In reading these papers I see more holes in their thinking than exists in
Swiss Cheese, not the least of which is the fact that they don't own "Unix"
(which is a trademark owned by X/Open), but what they own is a copyrighted
code stream that originally came from AT&T through Novell.

I see this as a half-hearted attempt to blackmail IBM to settle out of court,
and I think that SCO underestimates IBM in this case, since an out-of-court
settlement would do nothing for the total over-all Linux and Open Source
community, and IBM knows that this would not be a "good thing".

md