--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, at 2:23pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Huh.  I never noticed that before.  The downfalls of using Galeon where
> > there's a built-in google widget :)
>
>   Not to belittle Galeon or Opera or whatever, but I've been using the
> following bookmarklets (among others) with Mozilla and IE for some time now.
> Each one should be all on one line; mail will wrap them.
>
> javascript:void(q=prompt('Google Search:','')); if(q)
> void(location.replace('http://www.google.com/search?q='+escape(q)));
>
> javascript:void(q=prompt('Define:','')); if (q)
> void(location.replace('http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q='+escape(q)));
>
> javascript:void(q=prompt('Expand:','')); if (q)

void(location.replace('http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym='+escape(q)));

You can also access Google without using a browser by using their API:
http://www.google.com/apis/

O'Reilly even has a clever little book on it.

-Mike-

=====
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not
got it"
-George Bernard Shaw