Paul L., or anyone else with knowledge of subversion...

I wanted to install subversion, from scratch, to set up a version control
system.  So I ended up at this page
(http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/subversion-latest/redhat-8.x/)
for the latest RPM's for RedHat 8.

Not sure what the instructions mean.  Which files do I need?  Which do I
install first?  Doesn't the order matter?  Since you like subversion, I
figured I could pick your brain.  I read the book, but the install section
is about one sentence long.  Maybe I just don't know enough about using
rpm, and there is a magic incantation to get RPM to install subversion for
me.  Like
  rpm -ivh
http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/linux/redhat/RPMS/i386/subversion-latest/redhat-8.x/subversion-0.24.2-6284.i386.rpm

Or
  apt-get -upgrade subversion

It mentions use '--nodeps when the subversion-tools package is installed,
but doesn't say that I need that, unless I'm misinterpreting.  I want the
client and the server, but I don't care about getting the absolute latest
version, so do I just install everything listed, and not worry about using
subversion to get the 'most recent'

It says to run the server, install everything but the devel packages.  Does
that mean I should install the subversion-python RPM--or is that package
only needed for Python clients?  Does that mean I need all three wxGTK
RPMs?

--
Greg Rundlett

FREePHILE