Hi all,

I have become interested in learning about reverse engineering and
decompilation techniques, particularly for the purpose of studying
programs that exploit security vulnerabilities (including trojans,
viruses, and worms).

Do there happen to be any reverse engineers on the list who can point me
to some of their favorite tools or articles on the topic? I have a
decent understanding of the Linux kernel and am comfortable with
assembly, but I don't have much of a background with compilers (yet).
I'm looking for mostly newbie information at this time.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott A. Garman                            Unix System Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   UNH Nuclear Physics Group