It is the complete player.  I messed around with it on a desktop because
I was looking into making a media PC, but never put together the money
for it.  If you are looking for a small distro, check out
www.freevix.org.  It is a small distro designed to use with freevo.  I
haven't messed with that at all but its worth looking into.  I was
ultimately hoping to use this as a do all media center setup in my living
room, probably with network access where I could get my mp3's and files
off of my server, save recorded shows to a server, and possibly even get
on the internet.  If you check out freevix, I would like to here how it
worked out

Derek Doucette
http://derek.homeunix.org