I have somehow broken something in gnome.  Whenever I start X as gnome
is loading gnome-panel, magicdev, metacity, and nautalis all segfault
and then sometimes work again.  I have noticed that some other programs
will segfault as I try to start them, some only the first time I try to
run them and others all the time.  I cannot find a pattern of which
programs do this.  I also do not know enough about how gnome works to
fix this (where to look for errors, etc.)  I deleted all my relevant
.gnome files in my home directory.  This proved to not work.  I also
tried as other users and came up with the same results, ruling out a
config for my user that is causing it.  I'm thinking that some libraries
got messed up during package upgrading or something.  Can anyone point
me in the right direction as to where to find errors or something
similar so I can do some research or get you some more information which
may actually help?  It seems that all the files are related to gnome
that do segfault.  the .xsession-error file is empty, and I'm not sure
where else to look.

Thanks in advance.
--
Derek Doucette