the script is called 'sharedapp') like this:

From: sharedapp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, this is probably not what you want. But if you do this:

EMAIL="Foo Bar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

Then the from address will be a thing of beauty like this:

From: Foo Bar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So that established the sender stuff. Now how about the other pieces?
Well we can tell mutt to send a CC to whoever we like. The subject can
also be specified on the command line, and it nicely reads from STDIN
or from a file. So commands like this are useful:

cat mymessage | mutt -c [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "This is a test message" \
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

mutt -c [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "This is a test message" [EMAIL PROTECTED] < mymessage

Or you can use the -f switch on mutt to specify a file instead of
using input redirection.

Hope others find this useful too!

--

Dan Coutu