Hi All,

   I'd like to preface this question by saying I don't
know much about databases. But I am trying to work
with a customer who is trying to do the following...

  I am supplying them with scanning equipment that can
produce a pdf file with "meta data" in the file name.
It will look something like this:

 info1_info2_info3_info4_info5.pdf

The info1 - info5 will be replaced by specific meta
data with information about the PDF file.

   Now the question, We would like to know if there is
a way to write a script that would strip out the info
fields separated by underscores (this separator could
be changed to any valid character) and populate
database fields, possibly using MySQL.

 The second thing that we would like the script to do
is to move the file from one folder to another
possibly based one one of the info fields name. For
instance if the info1 field is a customers name or
number that the file would be moved to a folder with
that name.

  I hope that this is OK to ask here, if not I would
appreciate pointing me in the right direction. Thanks
for any feedback.

=====
.           Regards,
          Vince McHugh