On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, at 2:21pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks!

  Good to hear that you have things working.

> As it turned out, I'd failed to list the dns servers for this domain with
> my registrar (Joker.com).. that was part of the problem...

  While that certainly will cause problems, it is important to note that it
will not cause named to fail to load a zone file.  Indeed, named will not
know or care if you have not been delegated authority for a zone you are
claiming to be authoritative for.

> I was able to fix the local problem (the one related to an unexpected EOF)
> by copying over a known working .hosts file and editing it...

  I'm curious; does the new file place the opening parenthesis [(] on the
same line as the start of the SOA record?

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>