On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:37:45 -0500
"D. Mo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey there.  I'm sure someone out there can help with this.
>
> Got a friend who is interested in trying out Linux.  Has an old 386 to
> play with which doesn't have a CD drive.  Was wondering if anyone has
> an old version out there on floppies?
>
> I've severaal versions on CD but he doesn't really want to put a CD
> drive in.
My gut feel, is if he is just trying out Linux, and old 386 might be
problematic since his system is probably too ancient to support any of
the newer additions to Linux. However, if he has a network, he might
want to try a network install.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group