Last night's meeting got me to thinking about related topics.

Dave is doing far more than we should expect  by being the
speaker at every meeting and being the one arranging the topics.

I think we, and by that I mean those of us who go to the meetings, need
to step up and provide a talk or two.  Now that I think about it, why
not do a review or two of your favorite application or tool or
distribution on the centralug website?  Or maybe a short piece on the
some technique or project?

We all have different interests and reasons, I suspect, for using Linux
and FOSS and we all can bring something different to the meetings.  In
turn that increases or broadens the appeal of the meetings.

For example, it seems a good followup might be a review of apps that
provide something akin to an enduser or admin GUI to Postgres and MySQL.

Maybe a demo of web based admin tools for basic server related tasks.

A review of e-mail clients.

Perhaps we should establish a deadline for volunteering to give a
presentation each month.  Say by the third Wednesday to give Dave time
to select and announce the agenda for the program.

I think Dave has done a great job of taking the Centralug from a
basically moribund state to one of good health.   What the rest of us
need to do is to help it stay that way and grow.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Ed Lawson