Jason Stephenson wrote:

 I have a request that I'd like to put up for discussion. I think it
 would be very handy if subject lines of messages sent to/from the
 gnhglug lists were prepended with the list name in brackets. This
 would facilitate filtering of messages into appropriate mail folders
 without having to scan all the headers looking for the right bit of
 information. As it is now, messages to the discuss list could contain
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] or gnhlug-discuss@ or not even contain those if
 the message was a BCC. (Why you'd BCC to a list, I don't know, but
 you could.)

 At the moment, I'm not filtering Gnhlug messages. I've also been
 receiving huge amounts of spam lately and haven't had the time to set
 up anti-spam measures on my mail server here at sigio.com. Seems that
 every weekend when I plan to do this, my wife comes up with some
 "more important" to do.

 Anyway, I think that subject line tagging would be helpful. What do
 others think?

I've been filtering on To/CC/From GNHLUG for years without a problem.
I've never had an email not get filtered properly.
I would not like to clutter the subject line with something extraneous.
(Even though, sometimes, the subject line itself is extraneous to the email anyways. ;-)

--
Dan Jenkins ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-624-7272