Hello all...

I've been on this list since october because of my interest in the free state project.. and the ideas behind it... now it seems the goal of moving to your part of the world is a little closer. I'll be coming up there for an interview in Cambridge on the 5th... and while I'm there I plan to check out the area around boson.. and Salem NH. I've worked exclusively with linux since graduating in 98.. and I'm pleased to be able to say that.

I'd like to get an impression of what traffic is like between these places... if anyone on list does this commute... and if it's at all reasonable to expect to be able to live somewhere in NH and work in cambridge. For comparison... I'm in charlotte and work downtown.. live on the outskirts about 20 miles away. Off peak that drive takes me 20-30 min on the main roads. During rush hours it is usually an hour. Of course.. here we don't have any sort of mass transit... Is it common for people to commute on trains/buses? Here the buses are so bad.. it can take you 90-120 minutes just to go cross town... and you might be taking your life in your own hands in dealing with some of the other passengers.

From what I've been able to find out... MA taxes are not nearly as bad as they once were... so I don't think it would too bad if I ended up living there... but I'm looking for a little local insight.

Thanks...
Jared