Cole Tuininga wrote:
On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 04:48, Brian Chabot wrote:

I tried using ping as su - nagios

I'm assuming from this that nagios has a valid shell.  From a security
perspective, you may want to change that.  Just a suggestion.  8)

Good point, but will changing the shell to /dev/null or /dev/false screw up any of the services checks? ...or should I just try it and find out? Also, I figure I could set the account up so that id the login isn't from the localhost to log out immediately. Not pretty, but very easy to set up.

Brian