I wrote:
>>> CHECKING: "lkm"
>>> You have    17 process hidden for readdir command
>>> You have    17 process hidden for ps command
>>>                - WARNING!! INFECTED!! Possible LKM Trojan installed
>>
>>What produced this output?
>

>Those look like msgs generated by chkrootkit.  FWIW:
>
>chkrootkit does unfortunately generate false positives

I should mention that I was responding to the response
rather than to the original message, and just talking
about chkrootkit in general.  However, after re-reading
the original message, I would say that the owner of
the machine in question should definitely be alarmed
and be taking appropriate measures.