On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 07:21, Sharpe, Richard wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I am trying to find a Linux based DVD movie player to run one of my
> LINUX installation's, I have one provided with the distro is crippled. Any
> help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

You didn't mention what distribution you're running. If it's a Redhat
or Fedora release, I'd recommend checking out freshrpms.net; they
have prebuilt packages for a whole bunch of extras, plus they're
se up to act as "apt" or "yum" repositories. Setting up a Redhat or
Fedora box to use apt is just a matter of installing the apt rpms
found on freshrpms.net.

Whenever I build a new Fedora box, I generally install mplayer in
this manner. Freshrpms also has packages to re-add the mp3 components
that Redhat had to remove from their iso images.

Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9