On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, at 5:31pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> ( I now it is old but it is what I have)

  You know that Linux is free, right?  You can go and download the latest
Red Hat Linux (now called Fedora Linux) for free:

        http://fedora.redhat.com

  If you don't have the bandwidth, you can have CDs mailed to you for less
then nine dollars:

        http://www.cheapbytes.com/

  Or try one of the many other Linux distros:

        http://www.linux.org/dist/

  Debian and Slackware are fairly mainstream (as such things go) and run
well on older hardware.

  Or show up at one of the GNHLUG meetings, and you'll likely find someone
willing to burn you a copy of whatever you want for free (or maybe cost of
media).

  I can understand when people don't want to upgrade a network based on
proprietary software; it can cost thousands and thousands of dollars, even
on a very small network.  But for what you're describing, the cost of a
brand new version of Linux should basically be free.  It's worth it.

  Reply to the Samba question will be in a separate message.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>