[I've been busy]

"Michael ODonnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have a semi-mongrel collection of libraries on a
> system that I'm planning to turn over to a client as
> a development platform for a coding effort that'll be
> making heavy use of pthreads in combination with signals.
> We already have some evidence that there might be a
> problem here, so I wonder if anybody here happens to know
> of a FOSS pkg that makes heavy use of pthreads+signals
> that I could use for some shakedown testing.  I'm already
> beating on the system with a few pkgs like LTP (Linux
> Test Project) and such (yes, I found them using WWW
> search engines) and they do exercise much of the
> basic pthreads infrastructure but not in the complex
> combinations that a genuine app would be likely to do.
> The ideal pkg would be structured as multiple cooperating
> programs each of which was multi-threaded.

Do these help?

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/posixtest/
  http://www.opengroup.org/testing/lsb-test/lsb-vsthlite.html
  http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/florist.html  (comes with a conformance
  test)

  It wouldn't surprise me if ACE implemented a pattern that excercised
  this functionality.

A long time ago I worked on a product that made heavy use of
pthreads/signals/C++ exceptions/pthread_cleanup_push()/
pthread_cancel()/shared-memory/multiple-processes, etc.  Lots of fun
issues here.

Regards,

--kevin
--