On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, at 1:56pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Verizon will be cheaper for the speed, but their TOS specifically forbade
>> running servers last time I checked.
>
> Yes, they do. And they do not plan on issuing static IP's. EVER.

  That is not correct.  You can purchase a static IP option in many (most?)
Verzion DSL areas.  There is a price premium, but it is very much possible.
You can even host services (mail, web, etc.) on the service.  We have
customers doing this right now, and they have been doing so for over a year.

  Note that their sales/support/customer-service is still absolutely
horrible.  Indeed, simply finding a salesdroid that knows they offer a
static IP address option is difficult.  And they still don't offer any real
SLA.  But if all you're after is a cheap static IP address, and Verizon DSL
is your only feasible option, it is possible.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>