Windows XP definitely will not burn .iso images without 3rd party software

-Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael ODonnell
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 11:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Creating bootable linux CDROM using XP

Given the responses so far it sounds like my take on the situation was
correct: you can't burn CDROMs with the software included in a basic XP Home
installation, but various 3rd-party packages are available.

I thought I'd heard that a basic XP Home setup was able to burn bootable
CDROMs as part of some sort of backup/ recovery or system imaging scheme,
which implies that at least some software on such a system knows how to make
a CDROM bootable...

Thanks for the feedback.