May I add my support for MV?  I never used their high-speed
DSL (too far from my place), but I found them among the few
ISPs who understood & weren't afraid of linux. Every time I
called, I got a real person, most of them extremely
knowledgeable.  All were linux-aware and either could help
or would get the right person on the phone.  And they
didn't do the script-type support.  Asked pertinent
questions & would listen when I gave them my diagnosis (I
always start out doing the basics).

Overall great service.  Only left them because of cable
modem in Brookline.

jeff