If you want to see some cool voip hardware checkout some of the wireless
voip phones.  It's a SIP phone that is 802.11x aware, x being b or g I
don't remember. So think about it, you're on the road and in a hotel room
with wireless access or in a coffee shop with Wi-Fi and you can hop on the
network and make voip calls.  Supposedly there are cell phones coming out
in the not too distant future that will also have this capability.

Ed