Ken,

One thing to contemplate -- though if it had been working before, it's not terribly likely to be the problem -- is the fact that autonegotiation is an imperfect science.

This router has been working for a year and half with computer #1 (10Mbs) and #2 (100Mbs) connected to it. The 100Mbs switch with computers behind it was added over a year ago and has been working fine. I've made no changes to any of this.

I first noticed a problem on my RH8 system behind the 100Mbs switch losing the VPN connection to work. After about the fifth time of having to reestablish the connection I started checking the network. A ping of the router showed a 30-60% packet loss! Thinking my problem was the 100Mbs switch to the router, I swapped it with the 10Mbs hub. Everything was working fine, so of course I assumed it was the 100Mbs switch. But yesterday my wife couldn't get on the internet with computer #2 connected directly to the router. So now I'm at my current theory that the 100Mbs part of the router is the problem.

Thanks,
Larry