On Dec 16, 2004, at 7:27 AM, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

More to the point, I'm lacking the undergraduate college degree they're
looking for, and probably have a bit less experience as a sysadmin than
I'd be expected to. Unfortunate, since it looks like something that
would be really cool other than that.

It never hurts to ask.

Consider completing your degree through one of the many off-site options. Not a fly-by-night company, but real colleges and universities that offer legitimate degrees by combining previous school work, on-the-job learned skills, college night courses, and testing. Through the University of the State of New York's Regent's Program (now Excelsior College), I completed my bachelor degree while serving full-time in the U. S. Navy. It was hard work, but it did open the doors in those companies that considered an undergraduate degree to be a pre-requisite.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com