On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 10:58 -0500, Bill Freeman wrote:

>         Are there more potential customers like me, or more like you?
> I contend that the answer isn't obvious.  One data point, however, is
> that cell coverage is lousy (at least with Verizon) in the
> Peterborough Diner (an old metal diner), yet it's always hopping with
> business when I'm there.

I myself would want the cell phone reception to not be impeded whilst I
eat and work on the Internet -- my cell phone and laptop constitutes my
"mobile office" and sometimes when I need to get out of the house I'll
hang out at Borders or some other cafe for hours on end, sipping
espresso and hacking away. I would not go to a place I did not have cell
reception.

Don't know if I would consider myself "typical", but that might not
matter -- If I like a place, I might be there every day working away,
buying coffee, pastries, etc. Everyone at Borders knows me well because
of that.

-Fred