On Wednesday 16 March 2005 06:03 pm, Mike Medai wrote:
> How do I fix this?

Well, I have a few questions then...

First, is the drive an IDE drive or a SCSI drive or an IDE drive using SCSI
emulation?  And what kernel version (2.4 or 2.6 is enough for me...).

Second, can you still access data cds alright?  You mentioned not being able
to mount iso9660 discs, but it almost sounded like you were trying that on an
audio disc?  That wouldn't work to be explicit.  Mounting an audio disc just
won't work.  The fact that the CD Player can play discs is promising though.

I'd make sure the CD drive isn't being used by anything.  Then, make sure you
have all the libraries/binaries for lame/ogg/etc/ installed.  Then, go to
audiocd:/ in Konqueror.  This should list lots of stuff, including a virtual
folder that includes all the MP3s you want.  This is essentially a sideways
way of using KAudioCreator to get the MP3s.

Any of that help?
-N