I'd second this. Forget the ODBC stuff. It's pathetically slow anyway.

I've used FreeTDS very successfully to do just what you want. It performed very well and
was pretty straightforward to install and configure.

Good luck!

Dan

David Berube wrote:

Hello,

Try FreeTDS.

http://www.freetds.org/

Take it easy,

David J Berube

Kenneth E. Lussier wrote:

So, I have been tasked with writing some PHP code on a Linux system
running Apache, PHP4, etc. However, the database that "they" want the
interface for is an MS-SQL database. After doing some research, unixODBC
is the way to go. The problem is, the only way that I can find to do
this is to use the ODBC to ODBC bridge from EasySoft, which costs $1000.
Does anyone know how to connect to an MS-SQL server from a Linux box
without spending $1K (or moving the database to MySQL)?

TIA,
Kenny

begin:vcard
fn:Dan Coutu