All this talk about databases reminded me of a project I was working
on a while back in which I had some fundamental database design
questions, but not the time to properly research the answers. (of
course, like all great projects driven by marketing, the immediate
crisis which prompted the project was quickly solved by "changing
direction" and subsequently resulted in them forgetting I was even
doing anything to help them :(

At any rate, I found myself trying to set up several tables for a
database, but realized, that in general, other than gluing the tables
together with basic SQL queries wrapped up in a spiffy perl CGI, I
know next to nothing about "proper database design".

So, does anyone have any decent references or pointers to basic
relational database design?  I'm looking for something generic to SQL,
and not tied to any specific implementation.

Thanks.
--

Seeya,
Paul