> Is the summary that no one has any experience with Xandros, but the
> Microtel PC is probably suitable for an inexpensive desktop?  Sounds
> like it.

Well, I've got experience with Xandros, but not on Walmart PCs.  It's a
good distro in general - makes lots of things nice and easy.  My biggest
qualm with it was that it had it's own peculiar method of automagically
setting up devices that was hard to interfere with.  For the most part of
course, it just works, but I had some odd hardware that didn't play nice
at first, and it took a lot of tooling around to figure out how to work
around it.

On the plus side, there's a strong community of people trying to help out
in the Xandros support forums and they were watched by Xandros support
people chiming in to help often.

I haven't had to reinstall my desktop in years, but were I to try, I'd at
least consider Xandros. I think I'm more likely to get along with Kubuntu
or Mepis, but they're all good-looking, simple-to-setup, Debian-ish
desktops that seem well supported.
-N