On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 08:11:07PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Travis Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I think the two greatest underutilized resources for IT people in the
> > field are things like this mailing list (or newsgroup, or online
> > forum) and IM.. IM has always been a HUGE help for me.
>
> Hmmm, you ought come and hang out on #gnhlug with some of us ;)
> IRC is even better than IM, imo :)

I mentioned my IRC resources as part of my profile when discussing my
skills with my current employer:

"I don't know everything, but I almost always know someone who knows
what I need to know about."

I've found it to be invaluable: whether it be #gnhlug, or other people
in other channels helping me with HTML, or other things like that.

I consider IRC my first place to ask questions, right alongside Google.
Even if I don't know something, someone, somewhere does, on IRC.

The trick is to find them and convince them to help you :)

--
Christopher Schmidt