On Jul 18, 2005, at 12:13, Puissante wrote:

And am I correct in assuming that Postfix, Exim, and most other MTAs will integrate well with Procmail? Since I make heavy use of Procmail recipies, it
would be a no go for me if that were not the case.

I use procmail with postfix. I have used it with Exim, on a hosted account and I had to do some hackery to get it to work. I still get an occasional mail from people searching the Exim archives about a hack I posted to get procmail working. This may have changed in the past few years too.

(BTW, does anybody know how to delay loop detection? I used wildcard expansion through procmail and I want to send mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED], but since pager, bill+pager, and bill+text all go back to the same account postfix calls a foul and tells me about a mail loop. I know, I tell postfix, I'm dealing with it in procmail, but postfix doesn't listen.

Having said that, your "dyanamic" IP will stay pretty static as long as the
MAC address of whatever is attached to your cable modem stays the same.
Change that MAC address and you'll be assigned a new IP address.

I've had the same address on my cable modem for over a year, but my parents' Verizon DSL DHCP address (via pppoe) changes as often as every 15 minutes. Dyndns to the rescue for support...

-Bill
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Text: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RSS: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/rss

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html