> You'd have to get a PCMCIA wireless card if you go that route
> because the Apple "Airport Extreme" is a Broadcom chipset, and
> Broadcom doesn't play well with Open Source.

The butthead mentality appears to be dominant at Broadcom,
doesn't it?

I've got an HP zd7000 series machine that's pretty sweet
by most measures but I generally recommend that people not
buy them for use with Linux because they incorporate HW
from several companies where that butthead mentality reigns
(Broadcom being just one example) so HW specs aren't available
from which FOSS drivers can be developed.         :-(