On Wednesday 26 October 2005 6:14 pm, Brian wrote:
> > just as you can challenge a radar device on
> > its calibration.
>
> Have you ever tried that?  I have.  It doesn't work very well.  The radar
> companies basically train the cops on how to defend themselves and their
> radar units in court.
This is true. You would probably spend more on an attorney than the
resulting ticket and added insurance costs.

The chances of getting a mis-calibrated radar today is probably very rare.

I pointed this out because if the states start to use times through the toll
booths to issue tickets, they must also insure that the systems are
properly time-synced because there is always the guy who will hire an
attorney to challenge it.

While it is not important enough for me to research properly, I believe that
at least in Ma. when Fast Lane was initiated, the legislature passed a law
that would prevent it from being used this way. (However, they will ticket
you if you go too fast through the toll booth).
--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group