Bruce Labitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for the suggestions on a DVD burner...
[...]
> So to the questions:  Is there a better program to use for this
> purpose?  Is there something that I can do to get k3b to work better?
> I'm not too swift at the CLI, but am willing to try about anything
> here...

As I began reading this thread, I began thinking how we often see on
this list a request for hw recommendations, comments, etc.  Which
often leads to suggestions and/or discussions about other components
and software all of which work well with linux.

I know there is a Hardware HOWTO, this stuff changes frequently, but,
since our group seems to be one of the first places many of us turn to
when we have these types of questions, maybe we should put something
up on the wiki.  When someone has a particularly good (or bad)
experience with some piece of hardware, it would be great to go to the
wiki and search through by component or category to see what others
have done and learn from those experiences.  And since the wiki is
editable, we could easily link of to related pages like XF86Config
files for certain video cards, etc.

And, with that in mind, can anyone recommend a decent,
not-too-expensive video card that has digital-output for driving LCD
panels and works well with linux?

Since this will be for a sw-dev environment, gaming and refresh rate
are not the focus, but rather, getting as many colors in emacs'
font-lock mode to work well, and perhaps the occasional game of
nethack :)

--

Seeya,
Paul