The frustrating thing for me was getting beyond the people whose main
job seems to be "keeping you in the dark".  Wednesday, I got this
message:

Lloyd,

  I left a message with John earlier this morning.  AIT disagrees with PIR's
assessment of the situation.  The Registry claims to have received a notice
from us asking that several hundred domains be deleted.  That's not how AIT
systems work; deletions are a manual process that cannot be executed en
masse.
  I realize this does nothing to alleviate your issue, but I want you to
have an understanding of what's going on.  We have asked the Registry to
restore the affected domains, but it refuses to admit wrongdoing and insists
on restoration fees before doing so.  Our fallback position is to register
secondary domains that point to the main website so affected customers get
relief.

Once they finally admitted that there was a money issue, I was able to
get through to them that we *needed* to get the domain online and we
could pay a fee to accomplish that.

So we were left in limbo while they argued over who was responsible for
footing the repair bill.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp