On Dec 27, 2005, at 19:13, Ben Scott wrote:

I'm wondering if there is a reason for this, or am I just
living in the wrong quantum universe?

Customers want features yesterday for free.

I think that about covers it.

Oh, and they have no idea how to calculate ongoing support costs. In another quantum universe we'd just put a hold on new features and fix bugs for the next five years. And everybody would be better off in the end. But unless you anticipate our superbranes colliding anytime soon you should just raise your hourly rate. The collision would probably annihilate both universes anyway.

-Bill
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/