Re: your problem below: I think you may be a bit mixed up.  "Your" IP
address is, in all likelyhood, the cable modem's IP address -- especially
if it's going to have to act as a router to your other static addresses.
So the thing to do is to set up a box at one of your static addresses with
Apache running on it, and try to surf *there*.  Odds of it working are
very high.

Good luck (and Happy New Year back at you!)

-Ken