On Jan 10, 2006, at 08:48, Python wrote:

However, I suspect another
issue is the RFP process commonly used for government purchases.  Many
open source projects have no sales or marketing arm to deal with an RFP. Does anyone know if that really is an obstacle to getting open source to
be considered in government?

This may be a catch-22. I've considered applying for the approved vendors list (there's a real name for that) but was told open source solutions aren't usually considered so I didn't.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/