Jason Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, but I also have auto-save disabled. I've not used auto-save in
> emacs in over 12 years!

I have it enabled by default, but will disable it for certain buffers
where it doesn't make sense, like an sql buffer that is a postgress
command line :)

> As someone suggested earlier, I use revision control (cvs in my case)
> for all of my important files.

That was me :) revision control doesn't save you if the power to you
system goes away mid-edit thought...  And auto-save buffer will help
in that case.  Auto-save buffers are also cleaned up every time you
actually do save the file, so there's seldom a mess to clean up
manually.

> On a side note, I use vim when I "have to" or when it is more
> convenient than emacs, like when logging in remotely to a server or
> when making a quick configuration file change.

I will occasionally use whatever 'vi' points to on a system for things
like this.  However, by and large, emacs is everywhere, and loading up
emacs -nw in an ssh session on a remote system isn't to painful...

--

Seeya,
Paul