Well Verizon showed up unexpectedly at my door today 9 days early to ask if they could get an early start on the install. I said sure.
They were here for about 3 hours.

Anyway, the size of the box just to hold the excess fiber here in the house is impressive! Size is about 12x17x7.
Most of this box is empty space.

There is also second unit 10x8x4, which is the converter from fiber to copper.

Last unit is a 3x10x2.5, this is the battery backup unit.

I do not see why they cannot combine these units together. At least the second two units, the installer also has to splice wires between these last two units.

Last requirement is to have an outlet near for power.

He will be back on 2/3 with the router and light things up.

                        Sean