On 2/9/06, Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This client has their DMZ IP's bridged to the WAN connection, so
> their servers have real IP addresses, not NAT'ed addresses.  This
> is for historical reasons but it's so ingrained that short of their ISP
> and its netblocks going poof, it's never going to change ...

  Can you switch to a routed configuration by using CIDR subnets
and/or NAT'ing the DMZ addresses (thereby eliminating the need to do
much, if any, IP reconfiguration)?  Remember, NAT != RFC-1918.  You
can NAT public IP space, too.  (Granted, I dunno if FreeBSD supports
NAT'ing overlapping subnets, either, but maybe...).

-- Ben