Title: RE: forensic evidence collection tools?

Paul,

I work on and contribute to the ftimes project
which does very well to collect all file system
information.  It can also search for a unique
pattern (pcre) across a file system, which I've
used to identify trojan files. It can be found
here:

  http://ftimes.sourceforge.net/FTimes/index.shtml

If you're trying to do incident response, I would
recommend webjob.  I presented it at the ghnlug
last week ... not sure if you were there, but
webjob was designed to perform incident response
on a large number of systems.  I've used it quite
effectively to harvest information from a bunch of
windows machines.  WebJob has many advantages
including aggregating the data at a central
server.  It can be found here:

  http://webjob.sourceforge.net/WebJob/index.shtml

If you're looking for a quick list of forensic
tools, this is a good spot:

  http://www.opensourceforensics.org/

>From time-to-time I guest teach an undergrad
commputer forensics course, I'd be glad to talk
more about forensics if you would like.

Andy