>  There are tons of FOSS projects that do asset management
> and they have many of the features you seek.  Note the common
> vein in the urls. =)
Not to be rude, but I can search too.  The results of a search aren't always
all that useful though (see below).

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/asset-tracker
Has potential - I'll play with it.
> http://simpleassets.sourceforge.net/
Very inflexible, limited selection of attributes and really more intended as a
responsibility system it appears, keeping track of who owns different assets.
> http://helpcore.sourceforge.net/
Website is a link to a site that doesn't work.
> http://ascent.sourceforge.net/
Abandonware that didn't get too far.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/enetman/
Bad website - will have to download a play to see what features it has.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nexb
Doesn't actually do asset management, but is a module of an asset management
project they have planned.
> http://assetmanagement.sourceforge.net/
Development Status  : 1 - Planning
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/irm/
Decent project, except it doesn't have any ability to change the attributes
you can store.  This is actually a pretty decent looking package for request
tracking, task management, etc.

I'm just apparently in a minority looking for an asset manager that *only*
does asset management, and doesn't compromise that for a bunch of other
functionality that I'd prefer to stick with Nagios and Request Tracker.  Any
integration between them, I'd rather just do with cross-links and I'd be
perfectly satisfied with that.
-N