I struggled my way through what looks like the same problem
a while back, having been forced to do so when Yahoo started
rejecting all my emails because of that "misconfigured sender"
in the headers, thereby preventing me from communicating with
several family members.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the
details down to the atomic level.  Damn!  I knew if I didn't
take notes I'd forget!  Oh, well - I'll tell you what I can
remember and maybe that'll help.

IIRC the basic problem here is that ComCast's SMTP servers are
unhappy when (some combination of) your client and your headers
indicate the message is coming from any machine but the one
the server "knows" it's talking to.  All others are deemed
misconfigured.  Barely ID'ing yourself at all is apparently
preferable to mis-ID'ing yourself.

I use MH and exim so in my case (after a certain amount of
semi-random flailing) I ended up changing /etc/mailname to
be an empty file and I also commented out the definition
of "local_domains" and "localhost" in /etc/exim/exim.conf
and /etc/nmh/mts.conf

Before I made those changes my headers looked like this:

(c-24-61-nnn-mmm.hsd1.ma.comcast.net[24.61.nnn.mmm](misconfigured sender))
 by comcast.net (rwcrmhc13) with SMTP id
 <20060302153658m13002motje>; Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:36:59 +0000

...but they now look like this:

        by comcast.net (sccrmhc14) with SMTP
        id <2006032022280701400c0qa5e>; Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:28:07 +0000

Note that shrapnel is a hostname known only on my little home
network and definitely not known to the ComCast DNS.

Sorry I can't recall the analysis more precisely...