Paul Lussier writes:

> And there you have it. 'return map {...} map {...} grep {...}
> split(...);' Short, concise, no need for a bunch of temp variables
> that only get used once and thrown away.  I like it.  Others, well,
> not so much :)

If this is production code (not "write-once" code) in my opinion the
original version of the code that you presented is preferable.

I say this, of course, as somebody who is an enthusiastic Perl
programmer.  Code that is hard to understand and maintain will
eventually either get rewritten or junked.

Just another Perl hacker,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit