> But, if you'll allow me to be selfish for a moment, one thing I like about
 > the OLPC project is how much can be done with it in countries the the USA.

   I agree.  Myself, I think the project's real potential is in "first"
and "second" world countries.

   Frankly, as Ben stated, I think it's pretty naive to think that laptop
wouldn't be used primarily as a source of light in that Cambodian
household -- or more likely just sold for cash.

   But somewhere like Mexico or some "second world" country that laptop could
achieve its intended purpose.

   And here in the US, the OLPC might -- hey, I said "might"! -- work to
establish an affordable, de facto EdTech standard and break schools out of
the marketing-driven/gee-whiz/gadget-minded mode that they've been in
forever.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
"Any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretaps, it
requires a wiretap, requires a court order. Nothing has changed by the