On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 10:03 -0400, Ted Roche wrote:
> Kudos from Bill Sconce for pointing out that of the two Dapper Drake
> disks - the well-named Desktop and the mysterious Alternate - the
> Alternate disk can install in text mode easier, faster and
> occasionally on a machine that has trouble with the GUI installer. I
> updated an HP Omnibook PII-266 using the text interface and it worked
> well.

I've been using Ubuntu on my corporate compaq nc6000 laptop since the
Warty and upgrading all the way to Dapper. Naturally it has gathered
various configuration cruft along the way.

Recently I installed Dapper from scratch and have taken notes of all the
post-installation configuration step to get it set up the way I like it:

http://nozell.com/blog/my-ubuntu-dapper-configuration/

It is a cut-n-paste from a personal, private wiki so the formatting is a
little rough.

-marc
--
Marc Nozell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])           http://nozell.com/blog