On Friday, Jul 7th 2006 at 12:26 -0400, quoth Steven W. Orr:

=>On Friday, Jul 7th 2006 at 10:51 -0400, quoth Ted Roche:
=>
=>=>On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>=>
=>=>> Does anyone know what else gasp used to provide that's not here?
=>=>
=>=>Googling brought me to the Linux Assembly HOWTO at:
=>=>
=>=>http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Assembly-HOWTO.html#S-ASSEM
=>=>
=>=>Which says: "GAS is the GNU Assembler, that GCC relies upon...." "GAS also
has
=>=>GASP (GAS Preprocessor), which adds all the usual macroassembly tricks to
GAS.
=>=>GASP comes together with GAS in the GNU binutils archive. It works as a
=>=>filter, like CPP and M4. I have no idea on details, but it comes with its
own
=>=>texinfo documentation, which you would like to browse (info gasp), print,
=>=>grok. GAS with GASP looks like a regular macro-assembler to me."
=>=>
=>=>
=>=>Ted Roche
=>=>Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
=>=>http://www.tedroche.com
=>=>
=>
=>I guess it looks like it's all there.

Correction. It's not all there. I looked at the gasp info page from
somewhere online and literally all of it is missing. :-( The only thing we
get is include, vanilla macros, and simple conditionals.

steveo at syslang.net